There are lots of bettors who do not bother analyzing matches they are betting on and rely on talks with other gamblers at their favourite sports book. Sometimes a bettor takes advice on how to bet from home-grown ‘pros’ found on sports websites or forums.
That won’t lead them anywhere. In such case a bettor gains nor money, nor pleasure from gambling but empty purse and damaged nerves (at least).
You have to share some basics necessary for successful betting and accurate football match analysis which are:
А) Time. Analyzing and info collecting take time, sometimes you will have to get future matches data collected, assessed and decided on beforehand.
B) Knowledge. As in any other team sport, betting on football requires not only superficial knowledge of the rules and team names. You have to get into game details and use them in your favor.
C) Piece of luck. Some may say luck means nothing for it comes today, then flies away. But sometimes even obvious situations require more of intuition that logical analysis. Good fortune
might come all at once and give the right choice, but you should never rely on intuition alone as it only helps sometimes.
In analyzing football matches a bettor should remember some things to start with and pay attention to.
- The team’s tournament goals and its place in the tournament table. If a bettor chose to bet in the middle of the season, the team’s place in the tournament will point out the information needed. When the season starts and teams haven’t show themselves yet, it’s better to get information from reliable official sources like team’s coach or leader, they’ll give the data needed. Anyway, pay attention to the goals the team have set for the season, to the tournaments it takes part in and its performance.
- Team’s spirit. This is a particularly important factor that should never be underestimated. Obvious outsiders sometimes manage do their best to gain their score over the leading team. Apart from the official bonus there are some unofficial bonuses team gets for playing with the leader’s closest rival, so if the leader and the outsider meet on the field, there is going to be a fight and favorites does not always win it.
- The meeting’s importance. The so-called “derbies” are significant matches between teams of the same city or region. If the rivals became enemies out of historical or political reasons, their meetings are quite important and should be monitored attentively.
- The team. The team data and information about inner conflicts eventually gets into media or Internet. The players’ physical condition, financial problems, arguments between a coach and a leader, players and a coach or “besties” and other players may affect the team’s performance.
- Football teams’ tournament schedule. A football country championship is a long-lasting tournament, some teams boost their power to gain high scores in certain period (or win the tournament if they take part in Eurocup), some coaches make their teams reach the peak of their physical form step by step, but also even superclubs with two benches have their ups and downs.
- Refereeing. It’s not a secret that referees have their sympathies for some football clubs and lots of cards for some others. A bettor should take a close look on particular referees judging manner, especially if a gambler is going to bet on number of yellow cards occurring during the match, or whether the red card is going to occur or not.
- The weather. This factor might be the most important if talking about a football match, especially if there are teams of different grade playing. The lain can become viscous because of the rain, condensation during the match, heat and so on may affect the total at least, or even cause a front-page outcome.
A better has to do their best to make a correct match analysis, but they bet their own money and there is no need to let a bookie win.
Good luck in your bets!